Update 19th July 2021
Sea Kayak sessions booked with Sea Kayak Plockton are defined as organised activity and are carried out in accordance with the Scottish Canoe Association guidance which came into force on 19th July 2021.
Organised Activity is defined as:
- activities are undertaken in a structured and managed way, AND
- activities follow SCA guidance and any other relevant guidance, AND
- activities are overseen by an appointed COVID Officer who has completed the sportscotland elearning, AND
- a documented risk assessment is undertaken and mitigating actions put in place to ensure the health, safety and welfare of participants, coaches, officials and the wider public.
- Get the vaccine when you are offered it
- Wear a face covering, clean hands and surfaces regularly/li>
- Avoid crowded places and stay 1m away from other people
- Meet outside when you can and open windows when indoors
- If you have symptoms, get and test and stay at home
- Take regular tests if you don’t have symptoms to reduce the risk of spreading the virus
- Use the Protect Scotland and Check-in Scotland apps
We must all continue to follow the government and public health guidelines. Our priority remains to protect the health of our staff, customers and the wider community and help to suppress the spread of the COVID-19 virus. We will continue to do everything we can not to increase the burden on the NHS and emergency services.
Do not leave home to take part in sport or physical activity if Scottish Government advice means you should stay at home because you, or someone you live with, has or has had symptoms of COVID-19. People who are symptomatic should self-isolate for 10 days; household members for 14 days as per NHS guidance. All exercise taken must be consistent with current Scottish Government guidance on health, physical distancing and hygiene. There may be a need to adapt to changes in guidance at short notice. Information on Scottish Government’s approach to managing COVID-19 is available here.
Guidance for Paddle Sports
Paddlers taking part in coached, led, guided, or other organised activity can expect suitable measures put in place that will reduce the likelihood of COVID-19 transmission. These measures will include protocols to support physical distancing, hand-washing, and cleaning kit/surfaces that might be contaminated, along with procedures regarding group size/composition in line with government advice. Please familiarise yourself with our protection measures and comply as requested.
It must be acknowledged, however, that we cannot eliminate the risk of COVID-19 transmission entirely, as this would disproportionately impact on your overall safety and the quality of the experience.
We are taking new bookings from anyone currently in the UK. Group sizes will be limited and in line with Government and Scottish Canoe Association guidance. Groups will meet up outside where possible. This may change in the future as the guidelines change.
If any scheduled sea kayaking experience cannot go ahead due to Scottish Government COVID-19 restrictions and Scottish Canoe Association guidance, our terms and conditions apply.
If you have to cancel your place due to UK Government restrictions on travel which are in force for where you live, you will be offered a choice of a full refund, an alternative date for your course, or you may wish to postpone until you are next able to travel to our area. If you have to cancel your place due to illness, injury or any other reason, our terms and conditions apply.
We always advise you to take out appropriate accident and cancellation insurance at the time of your booking.
Any sea kayaking gift vouchers purchased prior to or during the COVID-19 restrictions, shall be valid for an additional year.