New update 11th September 2020
Sea Kayak sessions booked with Sea Kayak Plockton come under point 2 of the Paddlesport Guidance for phase 3. This guidance has been updated on 10th September and comes into effect on 14th September.
1. Paddling can take place in groups of up to 6 people from a maximum of 2 households. Under 12s do not count towards this total providing they are from the two households.
2. Organised Activity can take place in groups of up to 30 people. Organised Activity is defined as:
- activities are undertaken in a structured and managed way, AND
- activities follow SCA guidance and any other relevant guidance, AND
- activities are overseen by an appointed COVID Officer who has completed the sportscotland elearning, AND
- a documented risk assessment is undertaken and mitigating actions put in place to ensure the health, safety and welfare of participants, coaches, officials and the wider public.
Wash your hands, respect physical distancing, stop the spread.
- Wear a face covering.
- Avoid crowded places
- Clean hands and surfaces regularly
- Stay 2m away from other people
- Self isolate and book a test if you have COVID-19 symptoms.
- Download the Protect Scotland App
We must all continue to follow the government and public health guidelines. Our priority remains to protect the health of our staff, customers and the wider community and help to suppress the spread of the COVID-19 virus. We will continue to do everything we can not to increase the burden on the NHS and emergency services.
Do not leave home to take part in sport or physical activity if Scottish Government advice means you should stay at home because you, or someone you live with, has or has had symptoms of COVID-19. People who are symptomatic should self-isolate for 10 days; household members for 14 days as per NHS guidance. All exercise taken must be consistent with current Scottish Government guidance on health, physical distancing and hygiene. There may be a need to adapt to changes in guidance at short notice. Information on Scottish Government’s approach to managing COVID-19 is available here.
Guidance for Paddle Sports
Paddlers taking part in coached, led, guided, or other organised activity can expect suitable measures put in place that will reduce the likelihood of COVID-19 transmission. These measures will include protocols to support physical distancing, hand-washing, and cleaning kit/surfaces that might be contaminated, along with procedures regarding group size/composition in line with government advice. Please familiarise yourself with our protection measures and comply as requested.
It must be acknowledged, however, that we cannot eliminate the risk of COVID-19 transmission entirely, as this would disproportionately impact on your overall safety and the quality of the experience.
More detailed guidance can be found in the Scottish Canoe Association Paddlesport Guidance for Phase 3.
Bookings that were make prior to COVID-19, for the period from 1st July 2020: Some can go ahead, but some may need to be postponed if the activity or travel isn’t in line with Government and Scottish Canoe Association guidance. All customers have been individually contacted and informed if there is a possibility that their booking may be affected.
We are taking new bookings. Group sizes will be limited and in line with Government and Scottish Canoe Association guidance. Groups will meet up outside where possible. This may change in the future as the guidelines change.
If any scheduled sea kayaking experience cannot go ahead due to Scottish Government COVID-19 restrictions and Scottish Canoe Association guidance, our terms and conditions apply (clause 4c). This means you will be given the option to postpone your booking with us, or receive a 100% refund.
If you have to cancel your booking due to you not being able to attend due to COVID-19 our normal terms and conditions apply (clause 3).
We strongly advise you to take out appropriate accident and cancellation insurance at the time of your booking.
Any sea kayaking gift vouchers purchased prior to or during the COVID-19 restrictions, shall be valid for an additional year.