Dates: 13-15 September 2024
Cost: £330 per person (kayakers); £90 per person (non-kayakers)
- From 4.00pm: Arrival & registration – Plockton Village Hall
- Meet the coaches, sign up for sessions / trips
- Tea, coffee & home baking
- 4.00pm – 7.00pm: Friday night fish ‘n’ chips from Shonzeys – outside Plockton Village Hall
- 7.00pm: Evening talk by Nick Ray, with guests Brian Wilson and Will Copestake – Plockton Village Hall
- From 8.30am: Late arrivals & registrations – Plockton Village Hall
- 9.00am: Welcome, introductions & briefing – Plockton Village Hall
- During day: All groups kayaking from Plockton
- From 3.30pm: Tea, coffee & home baking – Plockton Village Hall
- 4.00pm: Review of Saturday’s paddling and briefing for Sunday
- 6.00pm for 6.30pm: Dinner – 2 course meal – Plockton Village Hall
- 8.00pm: Ceilidh till late with the Incredible Fling Band
- From 8.30am: Registration desk open for queries
- 9.00am: All groups paddling from different venues
- 4.00pm: Tea, coffee & home baking – Plockton Village Hall
- 4.30pm: Review of Sunday paddling & farewell
- 5.00pm: Close & depart
- Kayaking sessions with coaching, and graded to suit all levels
- Friday night talk
- Friday night takeaway from Shonzey (drinks not included)
- Saturday night 2 course meal
- Tea, Coffee & home baking: Friday, Saturday & Sunday
- Complementary flapjack
- Carnival T-shirt
- Good craic!
- Kayak and kit rental can be included at an additional cost. This can be arranged at the time of booking
Non-paddler ticket – What’s included?
- All of the above – but without the kayaking sessions
What’s not included?
- Packed lunches
- Drinks on Friday and Saturday nights
The sessions and trips will be relaxed and sociable, but also designed to progress your decision making ability and personal paddling skills for an enjoyable and safe day out on the water.
We’ll be be more specific about where the paddles will take place nearer the time when we have a weather forecast. Details will be available at registration, when you’ll be able to ‘sign up’ for your weekend kayaking choices. We’ll aim to grade the paddles to the type of water you might experience and the length of the trip – so there should be something for everyone no matter what level you’re at, where your comfort zone is, and how far you want to stretch it!
For information on the kayaking sessions: Carnival Workshops 2024.
Travel and accommodation
Travel Arrangements: Please make your own travel arrangements to the carnival. Information on getting to Plockton and details of transport can be found in our location page.
- Station Bunkhouse: We have reserved the Station Bunkhouse in Plockton exclusively for carnival delegates. Please contact them directly stating you are a Plockton Kayak Carnival delegate. Contact Gill Coe at the Station Bunkhouse 01599 544235 and say you are attending the Plockton Kayak Carnival
- Camping – Skye: A new campsite based in Broadford with excellent facilities. It has pitches for motorhomes and camping. If you wish to reserve a pitch, please email Becky email@example.com at the campsite and say you are joining the Plockton Kayak Carnival.
- Duirinish Lodges: Cosy and comfortable self-catering log cabins, situated in 5 acres of woodland just 2 miles from Plockton. If you wish to book a cabin, you can do so through the Duirinish Lodges website.
- For Hotels, B&Bs, guest houses and other self-catering accommodation go to Visit Plockton or use other accommodation booking sites such as Airbnb.
What to bring:
- Sea kayaking equipment and clothing (we can arrange rental if you don’t have your own, please check with us before you make your booking for the carnival).
- Packed lunches for Saturday & Sunday.
- Your favourite tipple to have with your meal on Saturday evening.
We appreciate that wholly unforeseen events may result in cancellation. In view of this and for your piece of mind we therefore strongly advise you to take out appropriate accident and cancellation insurance at the time of your booking.
Terms and conditions: Please see our standard terms and conditions.
Friends and Sponsors