Lara works as the course tutor in outdoor adventure for the University of the Highlands and Islands.
- BCU Advanced Water Sea Kayak Leader
- UKCC Level 2 Kayak and Canoe Coach
- Summer & Winter Mountain Leader
- Single Pitch Award (rock climbing instructor)
- Course tutor, Certificate in Outdoor Adventure (sport & Fitness Level 5)
Sixteen years ago, Lara was working as an Architect in London, when she was mistakenly invited to take part in an expedition to climb some mountains in South America. The expedition took her to 6,900m and I was hooked. As soon as possible afterward she moved first to North Wales and then to the Isle of Skye, in order to develop her newfound passion for all things outdoors. Since then she has worked in outdoor centres, as a freelance sea kayak guide, and in teaching, where she has discovered another passion – for using the outdoors to help people build confidence and skills that can be put to use in all aspects of their lives.
She is an active volunteer as deputy team leader of Kintail Mountain Rescue Team, and also enjoys rediscovering the outdoors with her own children.