Will is from The Vale of Clwyd in North Wales and is a professional freelance outdoor instructor.
- British Canoeing Sea Kayak Coach (UKCC Level 2 endorsed)
- British Canoeing Moderate Water Sea Kayak, white water, canoe Leader
- British Canoeing Advanced Sea Kayak Leader (aspirant)
- Water Skills Academy Stand Up Paddle Board Foundation Coach
- Water Skills Academy Stand Up Paddle Board Safety & Rescue Coach
Will’s first experience of kayaking was with Sea Kayak Plockton on a family kayaking day in Plockton in 2012….capsizing within 20 feet of the slipway in a matter of seconds!
This was the catalyst for a life changing year during which he joined Llangollen Canoe Club, returned to Plockton to gain invaluable experience and being awarded a coveted place as trainee instructor on The Outdoor Tourism Project at the renowned Plas Y Brenin Centre in Snowdonia. Working as a centre assistant enabled Will to gain a broad range of paddlesport and mountain leader skills. Will has sea kayaked in Northern California, around North Wales and Anglesey, St.Kilda and Taransay.
Will has now moved to the west coast of Scotland where he continues to work as a freelance kayak instructor and runs his own stand-up paddle board business based out of Dornie.